Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pay to play

I read a blog today cussing Swipeauctions.com. Here is the blog. He is talking about Swipebids.com but it is the same website. I checked it out.

It turns out that the guy is complaining about nothing as far as I can tell. I tried to sign up as a member and found out the last step is to pay some money. Now, this cash you're dealing out will buy you some bids. Just over $.50 per bid. Not a bad price it seems. Of course to do this you must enter your credit card info. Apparently this guy signed up as a member then was pissed that he had been charged. After that he complained to customer service. Customer service seemed very helpful and explained to the moron how things worked and that he can get his money back just like the guarantee said he can. The problem is he'll have to wait 30 days. bla bla bla bla

I would hope that any sane person would know what they were getting into before they gave out their payment information. Always know what you're buying and how much it costs including shipping and taxes and the like. In this day and age of online shopping that should be a given. I'm pretty sure this guy set this up purposefully so he could blog about it.

Since I was there, I looked around the site a bit. I couldn't see some of it because you have to be a member but it seems like a legitimate deal. There IS a guarantee that if you don't win anything in 30 days you get all your money back for that first payment. Sounds like a great deal for a beginner to me. There are also side competitions, a "buy it now" feature that enjoy on other sites, and charity benefiting auctions . They also have a feature I've never seen. They give the tracking information for the prizes that have been won. My guess is this was in rebuttal for accusations that they use bots.  I haven't signed up for this site as my cash is tied up in other sites but I plan to check it out someday.

As always, you should do research before you become a member of ANY kind of site. Also, I always suggest to do research when you hear bad things about a site also. Some people just hate for the heck of it I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment