Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beezid

I'll start with Beezid. It was my first PA site. My cherry popper. Let's get right past that the site is well run and looks good and has a ton of deals, blah, blah, blah. I don't really see anything that special about Beezid. They have this tool called the Sniper. It's as useless as a tool as I can imagine. I would love to hear from anyone who has ever used this sniper tool successfully. The idea of the Sniper is to keep the auction going in the event the dollar amount hasn't hit the predetermined level that you guessed it would when you set up the Autobeezid. Wow, what a lot of calculating to keep from hitting the BID button yourself.


There are two auctions that have some redeeming value. Fist, is the Early Bird Auction (EBA). These auctions are the ones that end between 5:00 and 8:00 am EST. If you win one of these auctions you receive your bids back. I have mixed feelings about this type of auction. Winning is great because it doesn't cost you anything. My first thought was that would be the only kind of auction I would try to win. However, the rules change during EBAs. This allows the big players with huge amounts of bids to buy the auctions. Fair enough. If you invest a TON of money to get all these bids you should be allowed to buy auctions. It's like having a high roller at a nickle poker game. What happens when two high rollers are at the same nickle poker game? This happens:



As you can see $97.11 was paid for a $99.00 item. I have no idea what led to this crazy auction. I was not a part of it. My guess is someone put a TON of bids in and got them all back. Even if he put in half of all bids there were still 4855 other bids placed. That is why these types of auctions make me nervous.

The second type of auction is the Bid For Free Auctions. These auctions are always bid packs of either 50 or 100 bids. These are the ONLY way you should buy bids on Beezid. With a little patience you can get bids at very near 50 cents a bid. The other only way to get bids should be to win an auction for them. NEVER buy bid packs straight from the website. The cheapest you can get is 60 cents a bid. There is a link for Bid For Free Auctions at the bottom of the home page. Easy enough to find and to use.





No comments:

Post a Comment