Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Frustration sets in

My eyes are bugging from sitting here and waiting for an auction to end. This is a pretty safe auction on Bidblink. It's for 100 free bids. The thing is I ended up using 100 and didn't even come close to winning. This is mostly due to the fact that it ran for over 2 hours and 20 minutes. Well actually it's still going. I'm typing this while I wait for it to end so I can use "buy it now" and get my 100 bids back. Like I said, it's a safe auction. I'm not sure why this auction and the one before it went so long. The prizes aren't that worthy. Maybe it's because Bidblink only allows 3 wins a week and people are trying to get their wins in early so they can move on to another site.

One thing about Bidblink is they have reverse auctions. So the price doesn't go up as these things get crazy. I do like that. The buy it now option is at 100%. There's no math to figure how much your bids are worth when it's time to buy. One thing I don't like about Bidblink is the reset time can go all the way back to 45 seconds.
That makes for a long auction. I see no reason to move the timer back so far.

Ok, so the thing finally ended at $3.00 from where I couldn't take any more. Well, I'm sure I didn't need that extra sleep anyway. I'll be back tomorrow and try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment